Physical therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of issues. Whether you suffer from back pain, you have recently dealt with an injury or you have an illness, physical therapy is a low-risk treatment that could yield some major benefits for you. The following is a list of the top 5 ways that our physical therapist in Hopkins can help you:
- It can reduce your pain- Some forms of physical therapy, such as electrical stimulation or ultrasound, can help to restore muscle and joint functionality, and it can also provide a natural form of pain relief. Not only can physical therapy help to treat the pain that you already have, but it can also prevent your pain from returning in the future.
- It can help to improve your mobility- No matter how old you are, if you are having trouble with walking, standing or even moving, physical therapy can help. It can improve your gait through stretching your muscles and strengthening the weaker parts of your body.
- It can help age-related issues become more manageable- Because physical therapy can help you to become more mobile and fit, it can also help you cope with arthritis, osteoporosis and other age-related issues.
- It can help to prevent falls- Physical therapy will help to improve your strength and balance, which will help to prevent falls.
- It might help you to avoid surgery- Physical therapy can help to reduce your pain and it also helps your body to heal, which may make surgery unnecessary. If you still end up undergoing surgery, physical therapy may help you to heal and get back on your feet more quickly.