Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab
Our licensed and experienced physical therapists will examine, diagnose, and treat your pain or condition. Our physical therapy clinic is designed to treat patients of all ages with pain, lack of mobility, medical issues and more. Whatever the cause – injury, illness or disability – we are prepared to restore function, reduce pain, enhance mobility and much more.
If you are suffering from chronic wear and tear on your joints, recovering from surgery, have sustained a sports injury, have an injury from an accident, noticed stiffness in your muscles or joints, look no further.
Physical Therapy can contribute to your recovery and enhance performance by:
- Rehabilitating and preventing injuries
- Addressing loss of mobility
- Restoring proper alignment statically and dynamically
- Emphasizing stability with return to physical activities and sports
- Extending the overall life of your physical and athletic ability
Our holistic approach to healthcare makes us more than just your physical therapy clinic. If your treatment or recovery program extends beyond physical therapy, we are prepared to provide the help you need. In our hands you will get a team of specialists, concerned with your overall health and wellbeing. We take pride in being a “go-to” physical therapy team for many families, athletes, and professionals.
What Can Physical Therapy Help With?
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction
- Enhance physical and functional wellness
- Restore, maintain and promote optimal physical function, optimal wellness, fitness and quality of life, as it relates to movement and health
- Prevent the onset, symptoms and progression of impairments, functional limitations and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions and injuries
What Our Physical Therapy Team Offers:
- World class board certified physical therapists, doctors of physical therapy, physical therapy assistants, manual therapy specialists and athletic trainers.
- Flexible hours, same day appointments, accommodating support staff
- Evidence-based Physical Therapy and Sports Rehabilitation
- Emphasis on hands-on care with active rehabilitation
- Advanced nonsurgical DMR Method evaluation and treatment
- Latest techniques in manual therapy and a specific form of manual therapy (DMT) developed by the DMR Method physical therapy team
- Facility including Complete Cybex® fitness center and Pilates/Reformer equipment
- Cold Laser for tissue healing and Game Ready of inflammation/swelling management
- Applications sports taping/kinesiotaping
- Sport court for sports/dance rehab
- On site and mobile sports rehab equipment
- Post-surgical rehab for total joint replacements, rotator cuff, and ACL repair
- Pediatric rehab (orthopedic and neurological disorders)
Our Physical Therapy Team
Kelie Davis, Physical Therapist Department Director
Kelie Davis was born and raised in Delano, MN. After high school she pursued her bachelor degree from the University of North Dakota in athletic training. She went on to receive her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Minnesota in 2006. After graduation, Kelie worked as a therapist in an integrative clinic similar to Hopkins Health and Wellness Center, working closely with Chiropractors and massage therapists to create well rounded rehabilitation programs for all patients. Kelie loves being a Physical Therapist because she gets to help people improve their symptoms, improve their fitness, and improve their overall well-being.
Kelie and her husband live in Osseo, MN with their two children. When Kelie is not at work she loves spending time outdoors biking and running, which helps her train for triathlons. Unfortunately, Minnesota summers are short, so in the winter Kelie spends a great deal of time scrapbooking.
J.A. Schwartz, Physical Therapist
J.A. Schwartz manages the physical therapy department at Hopkins Health and Wellness Center. He has over 20 years of experience as a physical therapist working in outpatient orthopedic care. He specializes in manual therapy, with advanced training in shoulder care and throwing mechanics, lumbar, sacral and SI dysfunctions, sports medicine, post-surgical rehab, women’s health, and pre- and post-natal physical therapy. J.A. is also skilled in craniosacral therapies and myofascial release techniques.
J.A. has managed PT clinics since 1994, and he has practiced in Minnesota since 1997. He has attended orthopedic surgeries and observed spine interventions such as radio frequency ablations and epidural injections. J.A. has been a featured speaker at continuing education courses, has lectured extensively on obstetrical physical therapy programs, and has written multiple articles for professional journals.
J.A.’s straightforward teaching style helps patients better understand the nature of their condition as well as the recommended interventions. Honoring patients is the core of J.A.’s practice philosophy; he listens attentively to ensure that he clearly understands every individual’s concerns and expectations.
J.A. has been married to his wife Joyce, a Physical Therapist Assistant, since 1996. They have two teenage children. J.A.’s interests include coaching sports, writing and doing radio voice-over work.
Trevor Northagen, Physical Therapist
Trevor Northagen received his Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2012 from the University of North Dakota. Trevor’s affiliations include a neurological affiliation during which he worked mainly with CVA patients and two outpatient orthopedic clinics. He has worked with a variety of patients, including a large number of patients experiencing back pain and joint replacement. Trevor is experienced in MDT and Sahrmann techniques, as well as ASTYM/Graston technique, to effectively treat back pain on patients.
Trevor enjoys a challenge when it comes to his job. He is interested in the minimalist running population, enjoys working with patients experiencing back pain, and is skilled in providing the tools to help patients with knee pain regain their mobility.
In his free time, Trevor likes to go Crossfitting, officiate and play hockey, play cards, read, and spend time with his wife, Sarah.
Kellie Stebe, Physical Therapist
After earning her undergraduate and graduate degrees at The College of Saint Scholastica in Duluth, Kellie Stebe spent the next two years gaining valuable experience at integrated care clinics. She worked collaboratively with chiropractors, massage therapists, and other physical therapists to design and carry out customized rehab programs for patients. Kellie loves being a physical therapist because she makes a positive impact in the lives of her patients by helping them improve their health and well-being.
Born and raised in Cook, MN, Kellie hasn’t strayed far from her small-town roots; she now lives in Monticello with her husband, daughter, and three dogs. Kellie enjoys spending time hunting, fishing, four-wheeling, camping, and hanging out with friends and family.
Elissa Cohen, Physical Therapist
Mark Schroeckenstein, Physical Therapist
Richard Deering III, Physical Therapist
Kurt Peterson, Physical Therapy Assistant
Aaron Dircks, Physical Therapy Assistant
Dustin O’Connor, LMT
Katlyn Lastine, CMT
Aric Mathias, CMT
Naomi Pierre, CMT
Ralph Smith, CMT
Chandani Amin, Physical Therapist (Woodbury Location)
Alison Anderson, Physical Therapy Assistant (Woodbury Location)
Noah Bularz, Physical Therapist (Woodbury Location)
Kimberly Stransky, Physical Therapy Assistant (Woodbury Location)
Megan Ferrin, CMT (Woodbury Location)
Jessica Karoff, CMT (Woodbury Location)
Melissa Lau, CMT (Woodbury Location)