Massage Therapy Hopkins
To live a great and healthy life, you must make time to take care of yourself in the best way possible. One of the easiest and most relaxing ways to do so is by scheduling regular massage sessions with a massage therapist at DMR Clinic in Hopkins. We get it, in the bustling city of Hopkins, it can be hard to take time for yourself, but having a massage on your schedule once or twice a month can help to relieve many aches, pains and stress your body has absorbed throughout each day. So, let us answer some questions and give you the much-needing information you want to make scheduling a massage worthy of your time.
What is massage?
Massage is a therapeutic form of touch proven to provide individuals who receive it with relaxed muscles, decreased body pain and increased overall well-being. In general, massage is a term for rubbing, pressing and manipulating your skin, tendons, muscles and ligaments. There is a wide range of massage, including light stroking to deep pressure.
Different types of massage include the following:
- Swedish massage – The most gentle form of massage therapy. During a Swedish massage, you’ll experience long strokes with kneading, circular movements and tapping to help relax your muscles and energize your body.
- Deep tissue massage – Also relaxing, a deep tissue massage is one of the most pain-relieving techniques. Individuals who are experiencing sore muscles may benefit immensely from a deep tissue massage. This massage technique uses a much slower stroke with forceful pressure to target deeper layers of connective tissue and muscle. A deep tissue massage commonly helps individuals who are recovering from muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage – A sports massage is most similar to a Swedish massage, but its focus is to help individuals who are active in physical activities to both prevent and treat injuries. During a sports massage you will enjoy stretching mixed with Swedish massage techniques.
- Trigger point massage – This form of massage therapy is perfect for individuals who are experiencing pain in the belly of a muscle from overuse. Trigger point therapy focuses on tight muscle fibers from overuse and/or injuries.
Benefits of Massage
Massage therapy can benefit an individual immensely. Research has shown people who receive massage regularly (one to two times per month), feel less stressed and a decrease in pain and muscle tension throughout their body.
While more research may be able to confirm many of the benefits of massage therapy, research has shown massage may be helpful for treating:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and/or strains
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular join pain (TMJ)
Schedule your massage therapy appointment with an experienced therapist in Hopkins today. DMR Clinic is here to help you live your life to the fullest. Start doing so today and contact us online now to schedule your stress- and pain-relieving appointment. For more information regarding massage therapy, feel free to reach out to us. We’re excited to get started with you!